When a Man Asks Forgiveness (Lawrence M. Tayug)


Pardon me, please…pardon me
If I haven’t listened to you sometimes,
If I haven’t given you time to speak,
If sometimes I find you weak.

Forgive me, friend…forgive me,
I didn’t mean to hurt you;
I’ve caused you so much pain,
And I know it makes your heart ache.

Sorry, girl…I’m so sorry
For taking you for granted,
For being rude and insensitive,
For not giving the love
That a friend should give.

hk

And even though I have you,
I still keep searching;
But then, I find no one else.
Shall I lose my only one?

Pardon me, and forgive me
For words unintentionally spoken.
Forgiveness is all I need.
Love and care
Is what I’ve always wanted.

If only I can still have your heart,
I promise no more “sorries” will come;
Because I will search no more…

Because I will love you more…


Dec. 2001 Life Today

Sometimes we take for granted those we love, thinking they’ll always be around; but time will come when they’ll leave and we’ll have no choice but to let go and remember the sweet old times…

No comments:

Post a Comment