Philippine Prudential Insurance (PPLIC) - Is It a Scam?

Yesterday February 5, 2014, I've received a text message from this number - 09266116574 named Mary Vick. The message goes this way "PPLIC NOTIFICATION TO: My name, Good day! This is Mary Vick from Phil. Prudential Claiming Area. You are entitled of Exclusive Rewards & Privileges all for Free. All you need to do is to Claim & Validate it @ 22nd Flr. Raffles Bldg. Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, to get your claiming code you may call our office from 9am to 6pm at (02) 914-0261. Thank you & God Bless! (disregard if claimed)". That was around 2:23 in the afternoon (I'm out in the office).

If I don't have a scheduled follow up check-up in the derma on that day,
signage of scam
Edited in Paint
maybe I've visited the said office she'd texted to me. Instead, I've relayed the message to my boyfriend. And, he told me that it was a scam.

While I'm on my way home, riding a jeep. I've recalled that I've filled-up a form several months ago in the Starmall. The agent asked me if I am a credit card holder (how I wish). Then, I said "No". An ATM, do I still have to say No with that question. I have entertained them that day because every time I'm in that mall, those lines will always be my receiving and parting gesture while passing by in their area. 

I haven't visited their office, so I don't have such idea of how this kind of scam technique will be introduce to you. Maybe they will offer you such insurance, way of saving, investment etc. Anyway, for now I'm contented with sunlife insurance. 

1 comment:

  1. Many bloggers are posting negative publicity on Philippine Prudential by calling it a scam. But I think, the main problem here are their agents.

    ReplyDelete