Speak to Me

This is one of my collections...got this from our cashier's office way back in college...I'm just happy to share this one because it seems that in our everyday living we are tend to keep on complaining -- complaints about the thing(s) that has or had happened to us, asking about God, requesting for something that could satisfy only for our worldly desires and likes without digging deeper, examining what is really inside that could and would satisfy and fill those complaints...


hk


I asked God to take away
My pride, and God said, “NO”
He said, it was not for Him to take
Away but for me to give up.


I asked God to make my handicapped child
Whole, and God said “NO”
He said her spirit is whole, her
Body temporary.


I asked God to grant me patience
And God said “NO”
He said that patience is a
By product of tribulation:
It isn't granted, it’s earned.


I asked God to give me happiness
And God said “NO”
He said He gives blessings,
Happiness is up to me.


I asked God to make my Spirit grow,
And God said “NO”
He said I must grow on my own,
But He will prune me
To make me fruitful.



I asked God to spare me pain, and God said, “NO”
He said suffering draws me apart from worldly cares
And brings me closer to Him.


I asked God if He loved me, and God said, “YES”
He said, He give me His only son who died for me and I
Will be in heaven someday because I believe.


I asked God to help me love others,
As much as
He loves me and God said,

“Ah, finally, you got the idea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment